Hi there, I’m Catherine Day. I’m a solicitor who has taken a year-out to follow my dream and write a book. I’ll blogging about how I went from practising law and writing the occasional short-story, to finally committing and writing that novel.
When it comes to novel-writing, I can’t claim to be an expert in anything but my own experiences. I just hope that in sharing what I’ve learned I can connect with other people on a similar path to me, so that we can support and learn from one another.
I’ll be mostly:
- Posting about how I reached a place in my life where I was ready to take on the challenge;
- Mapping out the pathway to my novel’s completion and publication;
- Posting on my insights and observations as I learn the ropes;
- Writing about the problems that I encounter and how I overcome them; and
- Providing booklists and links to the online resources that I use to complete my novel and get it out there.
Because I’ll occasionally need to run away screaming from my novel, I’ll also be posting on non-novel related bits and bobs. I’m still writing short-stories, so I’ll post about that, I’ll be posting reviews of the work of other writers, literary events and any other book-related things that grab my interest.
I’m not only new to novel-writing, I’m also a novice blogger. This is also my first ever blog post, so please be gentle with me. I didn’t expect that pressing the ‘publish’ button to send my first blog out into the ether would be as terrifying as it is!
I hope you enjoy!