Hi there, I’m Catherine Day. I’m a solicitor who has taken a year-out to follow my dream and write a book. I’ll be blogging about how I went from practising law and writing the occasional short-story, to finally committing and writing that novel.
When it comes to novel-writing, I can’t claim to be an expert in anything but my own experiences. I just hope that in sharing what I’ve learned I can connect with other people on a similar path to me so that we can support and learn from one another.
I’ll be mostly:
- Posting about how I reached a place in my life where I was ready to take on the challenge;
- Mapping out the pathway to my novel’s completion and publication;
- Posting on my insights and observations as I learn the ropes;
- Writing about the problems that I encounter and how I overcome them; and
- Providing booklists and links to the online resources that I use to complete my novel and get it out there.
Because I’ll occasionally need to run away screaming from my novel, I’ll also be posting on non-novel related bits and bobs. I’m still writing short stories, so I’ll post about that, I’ll be posting reviews of the work of other writers, literary events and any other book-related things that grab my interest.
I’m not only new to novel-writing, I’m also a novice blogger. This is also my first ever blog post, so please be gentle with me. I didn’t expect that pressing the ‘publish’ button to send my first blog out into the ether would be as terrifying as it is!
I hope you enjoy!